Sunday, April 26, 2009

hellooooo

I know, it's been a while. Sorry about the impromptu vacation. How you been?

Just a few points of interest.

I read this great commentary about how everyone's got an opinion on birth and breastfeeding, and wouldn't it be nice if people just let women make their own choices, even if you disagree with them? Summed up by this:

"...Wherever you look, whether it's on the internet or in the mainstream media, everyone's got an opinion on what's probably one of the most personal decisions a woman, and her partner if she's got one, are ever likely to have to make.

"Giving birth hurts, and women should be free to decide how they're going to deal with that, just as they should also be free to decide whether they want to breastfeed or not, and if they do, whether they want to do that discreetly or in the middle of Starbucks with their breasts exposed to all and sundry and with an accompanying photoblog on Facebook."

Secondly, here's a tv commercial for mattresses from Spain that features a homebirth. Not kidding! Found via Birth Activist, via google news feed.

Thirdly, for those of you who follow Rixa's blog, she had her baby today! Congratulations!!

Talk to you soon(er than the last time I posted...)

1 comment:

Desiree said...

"giving birth hurts, and women should be free to decide how they're going to deal with that"

I love this part of the quote.
I recently had a home birth & I was so happy to have the support of people around me. It ended up being a very positive experience that I would recommend to anyone.